- Using Community Spaces
A community space is a public feature of Making Mart where members can interact with one another. Members who use any of the community spaces must be over 18 years old. In addition, to make sure that Making Mart is a happy, positive, safe and respectful, space b signing up to Making Mart you are agreeing to comply with the following policies in all community spaces:
- Respect other members’ privacy. Don’t share private or personally identifying information in public areas of the site, and don’t spam.
- Be honest and transparent about who you are. Don’t use a fake identity.
- Be respectful towards other members. Don’t use community spaces to publicly disparage a specific member, shop, or item.
- Don’t use community tools or spaces to interfere with another member’s business.
- Don’t use community spaces to discuss coordinating pricing with other sellers.
- Don’t use community spaces to harass other members. Similarly, don’t post content in community spaces that may promote, support, or glorify hatred.
- Don’t publish or post threats of violence against others or promote or encourage others to engage in violence or illegal activity.
- Don’t engage in illegal activity or activity that infringes someone’s intellectual property, or encourage others to engage in that type of activity.
Making Mart reserves the right to take action against any account or content that violates this policy.
Continue reading below some additional policies that apply to you while using specific community spaces.
Forums are a public space on Making Mart where you can gather with members of our community to discuss anything you would like to talk about.
By using Forums feature, you acknowledge that:
- Your posts in the Forums are permanent (unless they are deleted by Making Mart for violation of our policies).
- Your posts should be helpful, constructive, and encouraging when voicing dissent or criticism.
- Moderators may take certain actions to keep the Forums organised and helpful for everyone. Such actions are not up for public discussion.
- Making Mart reserves the right to remove any inappropriate content in the Forums at any time.
- You may lose your Making Mart Forums if you violate any community policies.
You can connect with other Making Mart members who share similar interests through Groups.
By using our Making Mart Group feature, you are agreeing to our Buyer acknowledge that:
- Making Mart is not responsible for or involved in a Groups membership policies, or any other actions.
- Groups that do not comply with Making Mart’s policies may be removed, and Making Mart reserves the right to remove a team for any reason.
- Making Mart will not mediate disputes between Groups and outside parties, nor disputes between groups or group members.
- Making Mart will not monitor third-party forums or other independent team sites..
- A Group may not use mature, profane, or racist language or images in the group’s name, banner or logo.
- A group may not be used for the sole purpose of redirecting traffic to another web location. Making Mart reserves the right to remove links on any profile page or group page for any reason. Unsolicited promotion or advertisement from representatives or affiliates of outside services, websites or other products is not allowed.
- Moderation is the responsibility of the member who started the group.
- Group Forums are subject to this Policy and may not be used to demonstrate or discuss disputes with other members or with Making Mart.
- A Group may have a charter detailing membership requirements and expectations for the team. Group leadership is responsible for enforcing the group’s charter. A group’s charter must abide by all of Making Mart’s policies.
4. Anti-Discrimination Policy
This policy explains the kind of behaviour we prohibit on Making Mart to make sure we all have a positive experience.
On Making Mart, you can’t discriminate based upon:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Any other characteristic protected under applicable law
It is your responsibility as a seller or buyer to know your local laws and any other legal regulations on discrimination that might apply to you.
Whether you’re listing items or using community spaces on Making Mart, discrimination is not tolerated and not allowed. Examples of prohibited behaviour on Making Mart include, but are not limited to:
- Refusal of service based on membership in one or more protected group
- Derogatory or demeaning remarks against protected groups listed above
- Racial slurs
- Posts that support or glorify current or historical hate groups
Any behaviour that is offensive or unacceptable will not be tolerated and guilty members will have their accounts closed and be banned from the Making Mart site and all other subsidiaries of Making Mart and their affiliates. Legal action will also be initiated if necessary the relevant authorities alerted for further investigation.
5. Payment of Fees and VAT
There are NO listing fees on Making Mart. We operate on a commission only basis. Therefore, if you do not sell then you do not pay anything, no sale, no fee.
Currently there is a fee free offer for 6 months after launch of the site to encourage sellers to list their products. After this timescale has elapsed there will be a 7% commission charge that will be deducted from your monies due automatically. For example, your customer pays £10.00 (not including postage) you will be paid £9.30 into your seller account. Our platform takes the commission so you do not have to worry about bills stacking up at the end of the month.
Making Mart reserves the right to change the fee structure at any time but will notify users by email or in app message of any fee structure changes. In such circumstances if listing fees are introduced they will not be applied to listings already listed under the current system, only on any future listings after the changes have been introduced.
If you are VAT registered then you will be responsible for collecting your own VAT and payment of that VAT to Inland Revenue, as such will have to include VAT in your listing price. Seller fees will therefore be calculated on the total price of the listing not the ex VAT price.
6. Fee Avoidance and Sellers Terms and Conditions
Any action by a seller to avoid paying a fee is considered fee avoidance and is strictly prohibited by Making Mart. This includes encouraging buyers to purchase an item in your Making Mart shop through another venue. A transaction initiated on Making Mart may not be completed off Making Mart. The price stated in each listing description must be an accurate representation of the sale. Sellers may not charge excessive shipping fees. Sellers may not alter the item’s price after a sale for the purpose of avoiding Making Mart transaction fees, misrepresent the item’s location, or use another user’s account without permission. By registering as a Seller, you are agreeing to abide by Making Mart’s Seller Agreement Policy
Making Mart is a craft supply marketplace. We only allow products that are for craft and hobby purposes to be listed. The site is for users over the age of 18 so there should be no minors using the site or trying to buy dangerous or harmful supplies such as craft knives, scissors, adhesives etc. You are allowed to list craft related knives, scissors and glues but it would be in your own interest to clarify that only adults can buy those particular products on your product descriptions.If you think that a listing is unlawful or unrelated to crafting or hobbies in anyway we urge you to contact us immediately and bring the matter to our attention to help us all keep our Making Mart space safe and fair. You can contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org